Crocheting Anyone?

Extended single crochet washcloth! Made by me! Yeah! I have been crocheting for many years. A teacher in 5th grade taught me, thank you Mrs. Hinds. She is the only teacher I remember after all these years, I am 48 now. The only problem was I only knew 2 stitches, well now I know 3.

Learning new crochet stitches is fun! I made this in just a few hours while watching T.V.

I find that "The Crochet Stitch Bible" by Betty Barnden is an excellent go to book for learning new stitches. I know it is not new, published in 2004, but it has more stitches in it than I can ever learn, my copy was won from Deborah at Simply Miss Luella. What a great prize. I tried to look for Ms. Barnden's Blog, which I couldn't find, but there are thousands of bloggers who recommend her book besides me. Love it!!

The other item I would like to recommend for crocheters who get cramps after crocheting is the Clover's Soft Touch Crochet Hooks. With a regular metal hook my hands begin to cramp after a few minutes. I crocheted with this hook for 4 hours and no cramps. I am very happy with my my new hook. Hobby Lobby had a few of these in stock and I used a 40% off coupon, so I got this in the store.

I am using "Peaches and Creme" 100% cotton yarn because I can practice stitches and easily pull them out if I am doing it wrong. This is a great plus if you are a beginner. Hate big knotted messes, very discouraging to anyone.

Just so you know I am still working on my gift and hopefully making a few more washcloths this weekend. Hope you have a good week! Lisa

Comments

  1. I love the colours! The pattern looks so fun! I have never tried to crochet so fantastic job! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I am jumping up and down for you! :) It looks great! You are using my favorite yarn too! I can't wait to see your finished projects!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to go get one of those hooks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried crochet ... but ... I do have an audiobook and have been intending to give it a go for a while! ... I may pop into the craft shop this week and see if they have any of those snazzy comfortable hooks and untangleable threads ... I suspect I'll need to hit the un-do button many times! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop