Roses

I got up this morning and decided I wanted to share my last 4 long stem roses for the season! 15 years ago, I was offered the bushes from a new homeowner who didn't want to care for a rose garden. When she bought the house the past owner had told her they were over 50 years old and had come from Massachusetts. Then 7 years ago, when we were selling our home in Virginia I dug them up again and planted them "In The Boon Dock", were they grow very happily and pretty wildly. I should take better care of the bushes besides cutting them back once a year to 12" to 14" high for Winter. The bushes were well over 7 feet yesterday when I cut them back!

My next question was how to photograph them best. So you might enjoy them too!

First I started out in the kitchen with one a piece of fabric and the flowers. Needs more color!

As you can see the lighting caused shadows!

Indoors, the colors get dulled!

Bad lighting can really turn something beautiful into something blah. Which "In the Boon Docks" means boring. Not good on a blog that you want people to read.

So outside I went and found a chair that I could decorate and get great light.

Fabric works as a backdrop to drape out the metal of the chair and the junk on the porch.

The end result! Beautiful! Don't say I never gave you roses. Have a wonderful week and create something beautiful! Leave a link to your beautiful in the comments and I'll stop by and have a look! Have a wonderful week. Lisa.

Comments

  1. Such gorgeous roses! What a fun idea to dress them up! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses and great photos. Now you can enjoy them all winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful-----it would be a shame for such a beautiful rose not to be loved. It must adjusted to its new home over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop