Something Constructive to do with our Grief/Prayer Chain

I am sorry folks for being such a mess the last few days! This post is to give me something positive to do! Blogs all over are trying to find something to help out! I have made pillowcases for the last 2 years for kids in hospitals and have seen first hand how it does cheer them up. So lets all spend a couple hours making the surviving children pillowcases at Sandy Hook School. Just make happy pillowcases and mail it/them to the Quilters Corner. Postage for a single pillowcase is not much and maybe we will feel better because we did something!

Pillowcases for Kids of Sandy Hook Elementary


Jackie from Canton Village Quilt Works passed this info along:

Help the families in Newtown... Here is how... Becky at Quilters Corner in New Milford, CT is collecting pillowcases for the children at Sandy Hook School. She is trying to collect around 600.
Please pass this message to any sewing friends.
Pillowcases can be mailed to her at

Quilters Corner
312 Danbury Rd.
New Milford, CT. 06776

Such a terrible loss!


IN MEMORY

Charlotte Bacon (2/22/06), 6 years old

Daniel Barden (9/25/05), 7 years old

Rachel Davino (7/17/83), Staff member, 29 years old

Olivia Engel (7/18/06), 6 years old

Josephine Gay (12/11/05), 7 years old

Ana M. Marquez-Greene (4/4/06), 6 years old

Dylan Hockley (3/8/06), 6 years old

Dawn Hochsprung (6/28/65), Principal, 47 years old

Madeleine F. Hsu (7/10/06), 6 years old

Catherine V. Hubbard (6/8/06), 6 years old

Chase Kowalski (10/31/05), 7 years old

Nancy Lanza, 52 years old (mother of shooter)

Jesse Lewis (6/30/06), 6 years old

James Mattioli (03/22/06), 6 years old

Grace McDonnell (11/4/05), 7 years old

Anne Marie Murphy (7/25/60), Staff member, 52 years old

Emilie Parker (05/12/06), 6 years old

Jack Pinto (05/05/06), 6 years old

Noah Pozner (11/20/06), 6 years old

Caroline Previdi (9/07/06), 6 years old

Jessica Rekos (5/10/06), 6 years old

Avielle Richman (11/17/06) 6 years old

Lauren Rousseau (June 1982), Staff member, 30 years old

Mary Sherlach (2/11/56), Staff member, 56 years old

Victoria Soto (11/04/85), Staff member, 27 years old

Benjamin Wheeler (09/12/06), 6 years old

Allison N. Wyatt (07/03/06), 6 years old

Comments

  1. I don't think you need to apologize at all. I myself, am in tears every time I turn the TV on-I finally had to just stop watching it. I will be making pillowcases tomorrow on my day off-I will just make until I run out of time and/or appropriate fabric. Someone posted that Project Linus has already sent quilts, which is wonderful. I don't think that anyone who feels horrible about this has anything to apologize for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! So glad your doing pillowcases too!

      Delete
  2. This is a good idea, at least it is something that we can do. I'll check my stash and see if I have any suitable happy fabrics. This morning I saw the faces of all the victims, it was too much. I don't see how anyone could look at those beautiful children and do harm to them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop